August Rate Or Hate

4 September 2013
First off let's pretend that this post is not three or four days late (I won't tell anyone if you don't) okay? Few, now that's out of the way we can get onto what I've been rating and hating this month and may I add that this month's post is very lippy. Not lippy as in I will be talking like a gobby brat who needs an attitude adjustment but I will talking a lot about a couple of luscious (and not so luscious) lip products. 

This months Rate and Hate -

Topshop Lip Paint and Maybelline Baby Lips

Rate -
I think it's fair to say that I was not the only person who was extremely excited about the launch of the Maybelline Baby Lips at the beginning of the month so the first chance I had I was straight into Boots to buy some of them. When I was in Boots they were on 3 for 2 so I did contemplate getting all of them but I resisted in case I didn't like them but I really wish I'd bought them all as I love them. Luckily I received another one for my birthday so now I only have two more to get them all, the colours I have are Mint Fresh, Cherry Me, Pink Punch and Peach Kiss.


My favourite lip balm used to be Carmex but these have replaced that as my favourite lip balm. The coloured lip balms leave a sheer wash over colour over the lips and the clear lip balms contain SPF 20 to protect your lips from the sun and they all leave my lips moisturized to perfection. They claim to leave your lips moisturized for 8 hours which I can't quite agree with but they are still pretty good.

Hate - 
I love Topshop for their clothes but I've never really used their makeup. I own one lipstick from the Topshop makeup range and nothing else has ever caught my eye but when I saw this bright orange Lip Paint in the sale for £1 I thought it was worth a try.



I expected the Lip Paint to be like the Sleek Pout Paints or the Hourglass Liquid Lipsticks but I really got it wrong. The Topshop Lip Paint applies unevenly and sits in the wrinkles in lips, it also isn't that pigmented and doesn't stain your lips which I personally was looking for. The colour of the product when it's in the tube is an amazing bright orange but when just looks like I've got tomato soup all over my mouth, it's fair to say I'm a bit disappointed so I'm glad I only spent £1 for it.

Tomorrow is my first official day of Sixth Form and I know my Baby Lips will be coming with me in my bag and I will not be wearing the Lip Paint in my school photo's! Good luck everyone else who is going back to school and let me know in the comments how you first day goes!

Eleanor xx 
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!