Sunday Nails - 100$ Bill

16 June 2013
This week I've been at home a lot and in between revision I've been watching films: Baz Luhrmann films to be precise. So to pay tribute to this growing obsession of mine I planned on doing some sort of Romeo and Juliet themed nail art. 

After hours of scouring the internet for images related to the film that would look good on my nails I remembered the Topshop Deadly Lovers collection that had also been inspired by Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet. 

The collection features items such as shirts in loud, bright prints as inspired by those worn by the Montague boy's and some stain glass window leggings inspired by the church, but what really caught my eye were the clothes covered in the money print, and then the idea hit me; I could put money on my nails. Of course it wouldn't be real money, but there is no way I could get the detail of a dollar bill on my nails, so I decided to see if it was possible to stick paper on your nails. 



Instead of a one dollar bill I got a picture of a 100$ bill off the internet as it's the name of a Jay-Z song on The Great Gatsby Soundtrack, another one of Baz Luhrmann's films. I made the picture smaller so that I could get more detail on each nail, and then printed it out. I then drew shapes similar to that of each nail. This admittedly was the most difficult part as getting the shapes the right size is surprisingly difficult. I then painted my nail with a thick layer of a clear base coat, pressed the picture hard onto the nail, trimmed off any excess and then once dry I sealed each picture with a thick layer of top coat. 



This worked surprisingly well but I'm not sure how it will wear or how difficult it will be to get off, but if you want to do something a bit different for a special occasion then this would be perfect! 

Also Happy Fathers Day! I hope you have a lovely day whether it be with your dad or not. I'd love to know what your doing today to celebrate or maybe what you've got your dad for Fathers Day, to cheer me up through my revision for my last exam tomorrow.

Eleanor xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!