Benefit They're Real Mascara - Is It Worth The Hype?

12 June 2013
I'm not usually an ELLE reader as it's quite expensive and more adverts than articles in my opinion, but when I heard that ELLE were giving away a free sample of Benefit's They're Real! mascara with their magazine last month I searched all of the local Supermarkets for a copy. I'm not exaggerating when I say searched, the first shop that I went to, Asda, all of the magazines had been ripped open and all the mascaras had been opened or stolen, nice. But 2 or 3 shops later I found a pristine copy with mascara intact but was it all worth it?


What it says - They're Real! is the UK's No.1 best selling mascara! They're Real! Lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates. Our jet black, long wearing formula won't smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had! 

94% saw dramatic length and volume
90% saw base-to-tip curl
94% saw visible lift
100% saw long-wearing results



Benefit's They're Real! Mascara has a plastic brush tightly packed with short plastic bristles and ends with a small ball of plastic bristles. The brush is smaller than I would usually pick but the small wand means that is easily catches every eyelash creating long and voluminous lashes. 



The formula is wet and intensely black but on me I found that it smudges and drops. That being said most mascaras (even waterproof ones) smudge and drop below my watery eyes, so I'm sure that on most people it would be long wearing and wouldn't smudge!


I'm not sure if it actually curls your eyelashes but most of the other claims are true. They're Real! has quickly become one of my favourite mascaras even if it is twice the price I'd normally pay for a mascara. The only fault I can find with this mascara, apart from it's price, is that the packaging leaves a lot of product on the brush meaning that it can easily make your eyelashes look clumpy especially if you try to apply more than one coat. 

Since I started wearing this mascara I'm not the only person to notice the difference as my sister has even complimented me on how long and full my eyelashes have looked recently. Trust me the picture above really doesn't do the mascara justice!

Is it worth the hype? Yes. 

Would I repurchase it? Mmmmm for a special occasion.

I'd love to know if you've tried this mascara and what you think of it, if not, I'd love to hear your mascara recommendations!

Remember you've only got 3 weeks left to change from Google reader to Bloglovin!

Eleanor xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!