Small Beauty Haul

14 May 2013
Rain rain go away come again another day, actually let me rewind that, rain rain go away and never ever come back again. I feel and look like drowned sloth, all because I forgot my umbrella, serves me right as everyone knows that British weather is about as predictable as the future, so unless you are a fortune teller or a weather lady then you are practically screwed.

I thought that I'd cheer myself up (and hopefully you guys), by posting some pictures that I took at the weekend when I took advantage of the glorious weather, showing you some of the beauty items I have purchases recently.

Eyelure Individual Lashes, a Mac Lipstick, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and two Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Varnishes.

Now I am sure you are very familiar with this product - the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in the shade 001. With summer steadily approaching us my skin has been getting shinier and shinier, so a good powder was becoming ever more essential in my daily routine. After hearing so many good things about this powder I had to give it a go and at £3.99 it's hardly going to break the bank. It claims to provide up to 5 hours of shine control with natural minerals and so far I think I would say that but it does sit in my large pores a little, but at least it hasn't broken me out!

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder £3.99

For my last day of school on Friday I wanted to do my makeup extra nice as I knew I would be having my picture taken a lot throughout the day, so to make my eyelashes look more voluminous and long I decided that I would try some individual lashes. As you can see from the picture I used mainly short eyelashes. I found them easy to apply and they looked really natural so I think I might get another box of these for prom and also do a review on them.

Eyelure Black Individual Lashes £5.35

After sadly loosing my favourite Mac Lipstick Morange I knew it was about time that I treated myself to a new one and after doing a lot of research online I finally decided on Please Me.


Please Me is a beautiful medium toned pink in a Matte finish. It is has more blue undertones than brown undertones, which is something I was looking for. Yes, the matte finish can be slightly drying on my already dry lips but on top of a bit of Vaseline this lipstick looks amazing!



I have quite a few nail varnishes in the new 'Gelly Hi-Shine' formula from Barry M and I like it quite a lot. I've always loved Barry M's ability to produce such amazing quality nail varnishes for such a reasonable price so it is always the first stand I look at if I'm looking for a specific colour, so when I was looking for a new nude nail polish and saw they were on offer I couldn't resist buying Blueberry and well as Lychee .


I hope you liked what I bought but on another note who is excited about The Great Gatsby being released in the UK cinemas on Thursday. I am so excited I might have to go see it a couple of times, it's like the perfect film for me: romance, action, partying and a soundtrack produced by Jay Z featuring BEYONCE! But till then I will just have to satisfy my needs by listening to the heavenly sounds of Beyonce and Lana Del Rey on the sound track. Please tell me I'm not the only person excited?

Eleanor xx


Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!