Sunday Nails - Mermaid's Eyes Review and Nail Art

20 April 2014
Happy Easter! As you are all probably being bombarded with hundreds of different Easter nail art, I thought that I would post something a little different today: a review. 

*Debora Lippmann Nail Polish in Mermaid's Eyes
*I was sent this nail polish to review but that in no way effects my opinion, for more information please check out my disclaimer page. Thank you to www.beautyexpert.com for sending me this product.

Mermaid's Eyes by Deborah Lippmann is a limited edition nail polish that was inspired by one of their most popular nail polish's Mermaid's Dream, that was released as part of their summer 2013 collection. Mermaid's Eyes is a beautiful metallic nail polish with little chunks of dark blue glitter and gold shimmer running through it, it applies beautifully and opaquely though I would recommend at least two coats for a completely opaque finish. 


One thing that I love about this nail polish is that it is thin enough that it dries quickly (within one or two minutes) but opaque enough that you don't have to apply four or five layers. My only gripe with this nail polish is that is has a bit of a rough texture because of the glitter but this was easily fixed with a top coat. As for it's wearing power I've been wearing it for a good few days now and it has shown no signs of chipping which I'd expect from a high end nail polish.


Inspired by the name of the polish I decided to do some nail art inspired by the scales on a mermaid's tail, using Mermaid's Eyes as a base colour before creating the scales with a black nail art pen and adding detail with a white nail art pen to create a 3D effect. 

Overall I think that Deborah Lippmann nail polishes are of a very high quality and I would consider buying them in the future. They have a beautiful range of unique colours, making them perfect as a gift for someone or a treat for yourself, but because of the £18 price tag I probably wouldn't buy them other than as a treat.

Have you tried an Deborah Lippmann nail polishes before?

Eleanor xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!