Sunday Nails - Spring/Summer 14

23 March 2014
I originally wrote this post as a guest post for Rebecca on her blog be beautiful and it was posted earlier this week, but I thought that some of you may not have seen it so I decided to post it here as well. So as fashion week season ended not long ago I thought I'd share with you how I will be painting my nails this Spring/Summer 2014, hope you enjoy!


Step 1 Shaping Your Nails –
Stiletto nails were all over the catwalk this season and it’s simple to achieve the look at home without paying big bucks at the salon for a manicure! Simply file your nails into points using long sweeping motions in order to avoid splitting your nails, as sawing your nails back and forth can easily cause breakages.



Step 2 Base Colour –
Nude nail polishes will be a staple for SS14 and have been featured on the runways of designers like Just Cavalli, Diane Von Furstenberg, Jean Pierre Braganza and Christopher Kane. Neutral nail polish is not only simple, classic and effortless but popular amongst designers as it complements an outfit rather than distracts from it. My favourite shade is Barry M’s Gelly Nail Paint in Lychee because of its high shine formula and budget price tag.


Step 3 Nail Art –
This season many designers decided to give a new twist on a classic French manicure, I decided to give the sideways manicure a go using my Black Models Own Nail Art Pen. I love this look because it is simple and elongates the look of your nails. Don’t worry though if you don’t have a nail art pen you can easily do this nail art with a cocktail stick and some nail varnish or a paint brush and acrylic paint.

Step 4 Top Coat –
I always finish off my nail art with a lick of Seche Vite’s Dry Fast Topcoat. It will not only keep your nail polish glossy and chip free but it’s the only topcoat I’ve found that doesn’t smudge nail art, meaning that none of your hard work is spoilt!


As you may be able to tell this post was a little bit different from my usual Sunday Nails posts and I was thinking that if you liked these kind of posts I could do them every season. Also please let me know your opinion on the photography, yay or nay?

So should I more posts like this in the future?

Eleanor xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!