How To Get The Remaining Bare Minerals Out Of Its Pot

14 February 2013
Happy Valentines Day! I hope you are all having a lovely day whatever you are doing or who you are spending the day with. Today I was going to do a typical blogger post showing you my Valentines Day outfit or makeup, but I thought I would do something different (plus I am having a lazy day and couldn't be bothered to get ready to go nowhere).

Now we've all probably been in the situation when we've come to the end of a product but there still some trapped inside the packaging. This happened to me yesterday when I wanted to wear my everyday foundation, Bare Minerals, and I couldn't get the remaining product out but I needed to wear it so that I could go out and repurchase it. 

Any normal person would have worn a different foundation or none at all, but the cheapskate in me found a way to get out the remaining product. So I thought I'd share with you how I did it.

You will need:
  1. Your product - this will need to be a plastic pot, I used bare minerals but if you use something else the method will vary.
  2. Something small and flat - I used my tweezers as they were close by.

There Bare Minerals I used has the old packaging but at the end I will go through how to do it with the new packaging.


The top lid with the holes in is what is stopping you from accessing the product, so this need's to be  removed. Use you tweezers to wedge a gap between the lid and the pot. 


Keep going all the way around thee pot until the lid pop's out. This will be tight be will eventually come out with a bit of work, but make sure you are careful and hold the pot tight as it is easy to spill the product everywhere.


Voila! There you go, you can access all of that product that was trapped meaning that no money is wasted

On the new packaging there are two different places where product could be hiding, that is either in the very bottom of the pot or in between the lid and the sifter. To remove the sifter use the same method as above but to gain the product in the bottom the method is slightly different. 


Place the sifter in so that no product can escape the top and put on the lid, then turn it upside down. As you can see from the picture below there is a plastic rim just inside the edge of the pot. Take your tweezers and wedge them under that circle and slowly lift it. This little plastic circle will pop out very quickly and you could lose all of the product you were trying to get so be careful!



I hope this may help some of you and if you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments and I will try to answer them! 

Eleanor xx

Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!