June Rate Or Hate

3 July 2013
How is it July already? I don't understand where the time has gone, at least I can remember the important moments from the last 6 months as I've been writing them down in my 'Jar Of Happiness' which I'll open on New Years Eve. But in the meantime I need to stop being so reminiscent and focus on what I've been rating and hating this month.

Yet again I have struggled to think of something I hate (I did find this product lurking in the back of my mind and cupboard, which is where I put it after being so disappointed when I first used it), but whether there will be a July 'Rate or Hate' or just 'July Rates' is yet to be decided.

This months rate and hate- 


Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette and Sally Hansen Nail Varnish in Shell We Dance
Rate - 
I actually got the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette for Prom but I couldn't resist using it as soon as I got it. The Urban Decay Naked Basics palette is filled with 5 matte eyeshaddows and 1 shimmer highlight shade, making it significantly different to the other Naked eyeshaddow palettes which are double the size and filled with few matte shades. 



I love this palette because it has the perfect combination of everyday natural eyeshaddows and the perfect size if you travel a lot. Venus is a great inner corner or brow bone highlight, Foxy and W.O.S are perfect all over lid colours, suiting people with both pink or yellow undertones, Naked 2 is a great crease colour and faint looks lovely in the outer corner but I also like to use them to fill in my eyebrows, and Crave is one of the most pigmented blacks I have ever seen so I love to use it to line my eyes when I don't want to use eyeliner.



I also found that there isn't as much fall out with these eyeshaddows are there is with those in the other Naked palettes but that may just be because of their matte finish so I'm definitely going to be taking this baby on holiday with me!

Hate -
I'm always on the lookout for a new pink/nude nail varnish so when I saw this Sally Hansen in Superdrug I thought I'd give it a go. I'd never tried Sally Hansen nail varnishes before but it's just one of those brands that is so exposed that you presume they're products will work wonders, sadly not. 



This nail varnish is so sheer that you would need at least 10 coats to even get it to become slightly opaque which ruled it out as a normal nail varnish straight away. I then tried using it when doing a french manicure as a base colour but it didn't suit me, resulting in my hands resembling those of a skeletons. Attractive. 




The only good thing I could say about this nail varnish is that the brush is a good size, allowing you to paint your whole nail with one stroke of the brush, and the bottle looks pretty. I don't know if all Sally Hansen polishes are like this so I'd love to know if you've tried any of their other nail polishes and if they are all as sheer!

Eleanor xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!