Sunday Nails - Louis Vuitton

19 January 2014
When I came to paint my nails yesterday I had a disaster; I realised my sister had taken my brown nail varnish back to uni with her. Any normal person would have painted their nails a different colour but I was set on the idea of a Louis Vuitton nail art design to continue with my designer series. Another colour would not do. So instead I experimented with acrylic paint.


I've used acrylic paint before for my nail art but never as a base colour so I was wary of how it would look, but to my delight my venture into the unknown was successful! Yes with a base coat and a top coat acrylic paint looks as good as any other nail polish but only takes a couple of minutes to dry. Of course you can change the finish be altering the topcoat you use, as I wanted a matte effect I used an OPI matte topcoat but if you prefer glossy nails any normal topcoat will be fine.


Overall I love the finished look and it was very simple to create despite my nail varnish drama! Have you ever used acrylic paint instead of a nail varnish?

Eleanor xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!