January Rate Or Hate

29 January 2014
It's nearly been a whole month of 2014 but I'm still writing 2013 every time I write the date! It appears that I'm stuck in the past, especially as in this post I'm talking about products I've been using for a while but lets just go with it...

 This months rate or hate -

Quick Fix Facials Anti-Blemish Mask and V05 Plump It Up Dry Backcomb Spray
Rate - 
When I bought this face mask I'd never heard of the brand Quick Fix Facials but I thought I'd give it a try as I was looking for a face mask. The Anti-Blemish Mud Mask is designed for oily and spot prone skin, something I have and it claims to help absorb and control oil production, draw out impurities and tighten pores and treat spots and prevent future blemishes. While it does absorb and control oils and tighten my pores it doesn't do anything to help or prevent my spots but I wasn't expecting it too as I haven't ever found a drugstore product that has!


I leave the mask on until it nearly disappears and then wash it off with some warm water, and it leaves me skin feeling very soft and clean. I'm not sure how many times I've used it so I can't confirm if it lasts for 10 facials but it's lasting me a very long time unlike the face masks from lush which have to kept in the fridge and used within 3 weeks. For just under £5 I'd recommend it if your looking for a budget face mask but don't expect it to work miracles with acne!


Hate - 
As with a lot of my 'Hates' I don't hate this product I just don't love it either and the V05 Dry Backcomb Spray is a prime example of that. This product is designed to give the same volume that you'd get if you backcombed your hair but without the damage that backcombing does. Sadly this product does nothing for my hair and leaves it flat as a pancake, so I end up having to backcomb it anyway. Sad times.



Have you tried any amazing or disappointing products this month?

Eleanor xx
Post Comment
Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments so please feel free to comment or give me feedback! I don't mind if you leave a link to your own blog as I love finding new blogs and if I like your blog I'll follow you!